Waking up in the middle of the night, profuse sweating, or hot flashes, increased irritability, fuzziness or memory lapses could be signs of menopause. Troubling and annoying, to say the least. These symptoms won’t stay with you forever and natural remedies may afford you some relief.
Your every-day diet should include:
- Soy - has large amounts of estrogen-like properties that can ease hot flashes and dryness of the vagina.
- Flaxseeds – like soy, has high amounts of phytoestrogens. You can grind them and add it to your cereal or your daily bowl of yogurt.
- Black Cohosh - this herb is very helpful in reducing hot flashes. You can mix 1ml of this into your glass of juice or water. It also helps curb nervousness and even depression in some women.
- Sage - add a few drops of sage tincture into your water or tea. This herb helps relieve night sweats.
- Vitamin E - taken daily, these supplements can help with vaginal dryness and hot flashes, night sweating and even mood swings. Check with the doctor for a recommended dose for you.
EXCLUDE: If you are facing some severe hot flashes, consider eliminating hot drinks, coffee, and spicy food from your diet. This type of food and drink can easily trigger hot flashes.
EXERCISE: At least 20 minutes of rigorous exercise has a lot of benefits apart from weight loss! It helps to reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
- Carry a small fan to cool you whenever you have hot flashes.
- Wear light, airy-clothes.
- Take a lukewarm 20-minutes bath during the first half of the day. For some women, this helps reduce daytime hot flashes.